Dr. Behnam’s Philosophy:
Dr. Sean says: “I only perform one hair transplant surgery daily to make sure that every aspect of the procedure is preformed with the highest care so each patient gets the best possible result”.
Beyond surgery, Dr. Behnam’s philosophy revolves around providing the highest care and the most artistic results. He performs only one surgery a day to make sure none of his staff technicians feel rushed through the procedure. For Dr. Behnam, it is all about the artistic quality.
The process actually begins from the consultation. Dr. Behnam performs a comprehensive, thorough consultation that includes a hair loss exam. Please read why you should attend consultation to see an in-depth analysis of the procedure. The most important part of our consultation is accurate calculation of the number of hair grafts you might need for correct costing.
During the consultation, Dr. Behnam performs a microscopic hair analysis, density analysis, hair mapping and creates a master plan to address your hair loss problem. Please see “Consultation and Examination” to read more on microscopic hair analysis, density analysis, and hair mapping.
On the day of the procedure, he makes sure enough time is dedicated to explaining all aspects of the procedure so the patient has a clear understanding of what will be achieved. There are NEVER surprise charges on the day of the procedure.
Following the procedure, you will have access to his direct cell number so you are able to reach him at any time. He prefers to see his patients many times over the following two weeks to make sure everything is going well. He does not charge for follow up visits.
His dedication to all his patients, past and present, have won him the Patients Choice Award and Compassionate Doctor Award.
Dr. Sean is a fellow researcher, an innovator, a teacher, and an artistic leader. Over the past few years, he has modified significant steps in hair restoration surgery for its aesthetic value. He has also made the process easier for patients. His intense effort in modifying hair transplant practice has lead to less downtime, minimal to no swelling after the procedure, minimal scabbing, no bruising, and a better patient experience overall. Dr. Behnam’s patients who have had previous procedures elsewhere say that his care and attention to artistic details make the experience in his clinic a total joy. Dr. Behnam’s patients describe it as relaxing, rejuvenating, and an artistic transformation. (Please see video testimonials).
Dr. Behnam invites you to a complimentary consultation, please call 1-888-543-8424 to schedule a consultation.
Dr. Behnam completed his training at the top US medical schools and residency programs followed by an intense training in hair restoration at the Distefano Hair Restoration Centers.
- University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) for Undergraduate Education
- Oregon Health Sciences University (OHSU) for Medical School
- University of California, San Francisco (UCSF-Fresno) for Residency
- Distefano Hair Restoration Centers for Hair Transplant Training
Come and see why thousands of people attend Dr. Behnam hair loss consultations. He has 7 southern California locations.
See Dr. Behnam’s Publications In:
- Skin Med
- Skin Pharmacology and Physiology
- Journal of Drugs in Dermatology
- Skin Pharmacology and Physiology
- Journal of American Academyof Dermatology (JAAD)
- Psoriasis Forum
- Expert Opinion in Pharmacotherapy
- Journal of Organic Chemistry
- Shahrad M Behnam MD, Shahdad E Behnam MD, John Koo MD. TNF-Alpha inhibitors and congestive heart failure. Skin med, 2005, Nov-Dec;4(6):363-8.
- Janeate Waller, Frank Dreher, Shahrad Behnam et al. Keratolytic properties of benzoyl peroxide and retinoic acid resemble salicylic acid in man. Skin Pharmacol Physio, 2006;19(5):283-9.
- Shahrad M Behnam, Shahdad E Behnam, John Koo MD. Alcohol as a risk factor for psoriasis. Cutis, 2005, Sep;76(3):181-5.
- Nicholas Golda, Shahrad M Behnam, John Koo MD. Rebound of psoriasis during treatment with efalizumab. Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, 2006 Jan;5(1):63-5.
- Hongbo Zhai MD, Shahrad M Behnam, Issa Villarama MD, Michaela A Corell MD, Howard I Maibach MD. Evaluation of the antioxidant capacity and preventive effects of a topical emulsion and its vehicle control on the skin response to UV exposure. Skin Pharmacology and Physiology, 2005, October, Vol 18, 288–293.
- Steven R Feldman MD PhD, Shahrad M Behnam, Shahdad E Behnam, John Koo MD. Quality of life in patients with atopic dermatitis and psoriasis. Journal of American Academy of Dermatology (JAAD), 2005, July, Volume 53(Suppl 1), S78-85.
- Shahrad M Behnam, Shahdad E Behnam, John Koo MD. Psoriasis and smoking. Skin Med, 2005, May-June, Vol 4(3), 174-6.
- Shahrad M Behnam, Shahdad E Behnam, John Koo MD. Review of cyclosporine immunosuppressive safety data in dermatology patients after two decades of use. Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, 2005, March-April, Vol 4(2), 189-94.
- Shahrad M Behnam, Shahdad E Behnam, John Koo MD. Mechanism of action of biologics for treatment of psoriasis. Psoriasis Forum, 2004, August, Vol 10(2), 10-11. (Psoriasis Forum is not yet indexed, but is available upon request)
- Shahrad M Behnam, Shahdad E Behnam, John Koo MD. Acitretin’s new package insert addresses combination with phototherapy. Psoriasis Forum, 2004, August, Vol 10(2), Page 9.
- Joshua A Zeichner MD, Shahrad M Behnam, Denise R Smith, Vandana K Madkan, John Koo MD. Etanercept: Questions and Answers. Psoriasis Forum, 2004, August, Vol 10(2), Pages 4-6.
- Shahrad M Behnam, Shahdad E Behnam, John Koo MD. Psoriasis and suicidal ideation. Psoriasis Forum, 2004, May, Vol 10(1), Page 14.
- Shahrad M Behnam, Doug Fife, Shahdad E Behnam, John Koo MD. Safety of cyclosporine treatment in psoriasis patients. Psoriasis Forum, 2004, November, Vol 10(3), page 10.
- John Koo MD, Shahdad E Behnam, Shahrad M Behnam. The efficacy of tazarotene monotherapy and combination therapies for psoriasis. Expert Opinion in Pharmacotherapy, 2003, December, Vol 4(12), Pages 2347-2354.
- Shahrad M Behnam, Shahdad E Behnam, Kaori Ando PhD, Nora Green, Kendal Houk PhD. Stereoelectronic, torsional, and steric effects on rates of enolization of ketones. Journal of Organic Chemistry 2000, December, Vol 65, Pages 8970-8978.
- Shahrad M Behnam, Issa Villarama MD, Frank Dreher PhD, Howard I Maibach MD. American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA, The keratolytic effects of short term salicylic acid on the stratum corneum, Supplement to JAAD, March 2005, Volume 52(3), P78.
- Shahrad M Behnam, John Koo MD. American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA, Tumor Necrosis Factor-Alpha inhibitors and congestive heart failure; clinical trials, post marketing surveillance and FDA Medwatch data, Supplement to JAAD, March 2005, Volume 52(3), P201.
- Shahrad M Behnam, John Koo MD, Arrianne Chavez-Frazer MD, Grace Bandow MD. American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA, A randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled study using the standard Psoriasis Area Severity Index (PASI) to evaluate the efficacy and safety of oral PUVA in patients with chronic plaque psoriasis, Supplement to JAAD, March 2005, Volume 52(3), P172.
- Shahrad M Behnam, John Koo MD, Dana Bae, Robert Dubois MD PhD. American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA, Immunomodulators and immunosuppressors. Introducing a new classification system for agents down regulating the immune function, Supplement to JAAD, March 2005, Volume 52(3), P187.
- Shahrad M Behnam, John Koo MD, 10th Annual International Psoriasis Symposium, Toronto, Canada, Mechanism of action of UVB phototherapy for the treatment of psoriasis, June 2004.
- Hongbo Zhai MD, Shahrad M Behnam, Clarissa D Villarama MD, Michaela A Corell MD, Myeong J Choi PhD, Howard I Maibach MD. The 5th Las Vegas Dermatology Seminar, Las Vegas, Nevada, Antioxidative capacity of a topical emulsion versus its vehicle, November 2004.
- Shahrad M Behnam, John Koo MD. American Federation for Medical Research, Western Regional Meeting, Carmel, CA, The negative effects of atopic dermatitis and psoriasis on quality of life of patients, 2004, February, Volume 52(1).
- Shahdad E Behnam, Shahrad M Behnam, UCLA Annual Science Poster Day, Los Angeles, CA, Stereoelectronic, torsional, and steric effects on rates of enolization of ketones, 1998, May, Page 53.