Strip Hair Transplant
What is a Strip Hair Transplant?
A strip hair transplant is a procedure where a strip of skin is taken from back of the scalp (known as donor area). The strip transplantation hair grafts are then individually dissected under a powerful microscope. Each graft is then transplanted in the areas of balding. On average, each strip transplantation hair graft has 2 to 3 individual hairs.
Is hair transplantation safe?
Yes, Dr. Sean has performed over 1,000 cases successfully.
Does the result look natural?
Yes, no one will notice any work was done. People just notice you have more of your own natural hair.
A patient who had the hair line transplanted. As demonstrated, there are natural protrusions to the hairline, making it look natural. Also, the single hair follicles are placed at the hairline so it does not look pluggy. The image above belongs to a gentleman who had 2315 grafts hair transplanted in one session.
Will the hairline look natural?
Yes, Dr. Sean creates a natural non-pluggy hairline, guaranteed.
Above is a patient who had a transplant done at the hairline. The red arrows point to the hairline. Look how natural it looks. Single hair follicles are placed in the frontal hairline so it does not look pluggy. It has protrusions so it is not straight. No one can notice she had a hair transplant.
Is the area where the strip removed (donor area) visible after the hair transplant?
The picture above demonstrates how the hairs in the donor area are covering the suture area. As long as you keep your hair at least 1 inch long, the donor area can be covered very well by your existing hair immediately after the procedure.
Is transplantation done under general Anesthesia?
No. it’s all local anesthesia. Dr. Sean uses a proprietary technology for a pain free procedure.
What guarantees do I get?
We stand behind our work. We guarantee that the transplant looks natural transplant and non-pluggy. Please look at the picture below. The picture is 10 months after hair transplantation. The hairline looks very natural. No one can notice this person had a hair transplant.
How soon will I see results?
After the hair transplant procedure, hair starts growing by about 3 months. They will grow 1 inch every 3 months. So, by the 10 to 12 months, you will see about 2 to 3 inches of hair growth. In general, it will take a good one year to see the full result.
Are there any hidden fees on the day of the procedure?
No, there are no hidden fees. We are very upfront with our costs. We present you with all the cost at the consultation. We do not overcharge or have any surprise charges on the day of the procedure.
Does Dr. Behnam have any video testimonials of patients who had hair transplant done?
Please click on below videos to watch real patient testimonials.
Does hair transplantation use my own hair?
Yes, we use the hair from the back of scalp. The hair in this area is permanent, meaning that it does not thin out in about 90% of the population. In order to find whether you are a candidate, Dr. Sean will analyze your scalp using a video microscope as well as densitometer at the consultation.
I have grey hair, am I a transplant candidate?
Yes, we specialize in all kinds of hair color. We have special microscopes and special lights that we utilize during our procedure that makes it possible to perform hair transplantation on grey hair.
Will I be awake during the procedure?
Yes. There is no general anesthesia used. You may also sleep during the procedure or watch a movie. You can bring your own DVDs or CDs.
I am from out of state, are there any accommodations available?
Yes, there are two hotels adjacent to the practice. For those from out of the city, we will cover your hotel stay.
Where is the hair transplant procedure performed?
The hair transplant procedure is performed in our beautiful office in Santa Monica.
Will I get Dr. Sean's cell phone number in case I need to call him?
Yes, every one of Dr. Sean’s hair transplant patients get his direct cell phone number. This way, he can be reached 24 hours a day without going through any secretary or answering exchange.
Does Dr. Sean have any published articles?
Why choose Dr. Sean?
- Dr. Sean does one of the most free comprehensive hair transplant examinations to accurately calculate the number of hair transplantation grafts a patient needs (for accurate costing) and you will always meet with Dr. Behnam 1 on 1
- You will not get an estimate for number of grafts; you will get an accurate number based on proven method for full density. Please see Consultation page.
- Either you are a good candidate for hair transplant or not, you will hear his honest opinion; this all depends on the quality of hair on the back of scalp
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) can be used to transplant hairs from other areas such as chest, arms, or legs in case back of scalp is not a good candidate
- Dr. Sean dedicates more than 8 hours to each procedure with the goal to provide you great surgical care.
- We take care of you before, during and after your procedure
- Dr. Sean has been named the top 10 doctors by Newsweek magazine and awarded the Compassionate Doctor’s Award and Patient’s Choice Award
- We stand behind our work and we guarantee that the hair transplant looks natural
- All of Dr. Sean’s follow up visits are complimentary
- Guarantee hair transplant growth in 3 months and will grow 1 inch every 3 months. By the 10 to 12 months, you will see about 2 to 3 inches of hair growth
- No hidden fees. We present you with all the cost at the consultation. We do not overcharge or have any surprise charges on the day of the procedure